All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDentistry in Rabbits and Rodents is a practical guide aimed at helping clinicians successfully diagse and treat dental problems in rabbits and rodents within their own surgeries. With over two-thirds of small mammals presenting with tooth related problems, there is great potential to enhance the treatment offered to the owners of these species. Focusing on invative diagstics using rmal radiographic machines as well as specific positioning techniques, radiographs are presented with reference lines and detailed antations. Richly illustrated with high quality photographs, pathological findings are described before selection of appropriate therapy and treatment is discussed. Key features include: * Covers the dental anatomy and physiology of all small mammal species commonly kept as pets. * Intraoral radiography and invative positioning for imaging the guinea pig and chinchilla dentitions are described, enabling the practitioner to visualize each tooth in detail. * Once a diagsis has been reached, selection of different treatments and the advantages and disadvantages of each surgical technique are discussed. * Offers helpful directives for approaching and treating dental disease without the need for referral to a specialist or the use of expensive equipment.
- Author BiographyDr Estella Bohmer, DVM, Dr. med. vet. is Senior Physician at the Clinic of Small Animal Surgery and Reproduction, Centre for Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munich, Germany, and head of the department for small mammal surgery. She is an official consultant on small mammals for the Veterinary Information Network. She also lectures on small mammal dentistry seminars in Germany.
- Author(s)Estella Bohmer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight816 g
- Width189 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.