Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA considerable number of books and papers have analyzed rmative concepts using new techniques developed by logicians; however, few have bridged the gap between the English legal culture and the Continental (i.e. European and Latin American) tradition in legal philosophy. This book addresses this issue by offering an introductory study on the many possibilities that logical analysis offers the study of legal systems. The volume is divided into two sections: the first covers the basic aspects of classical and deontic logic and its connections, advancing an explanation of the most important topics of the discipline by comparing different systems of deontic logic and exploring some of the most important paradoxes in its domain. The second section deals with the role of logic in the analysis of legal systems by discussing in what sense deontic logic and the logic of rm-propositions are useful tools for a proper understanding of the systematic structure of law.
- Author BiographyPablo E. Navarro is a Professor of Philosophy of Law at the National University of the South and Blas Pascal University. He is also a researcher for the National Council for Research in Science and Technology (CONICET) in Argentina. Navarro has published several books and has written papers on legal theory and deontic logic for journals such as Law and Philosophy, Ratio Juris, Rechtstheorie, and Theoria. He was a visiting professor in many European and Latin American universities. He obtained a Guggenheim Fellowship (2001-2) and was recognized by the Konex Foundation (2006) in the discipline of legal philosophy and was awarded the Bernardo Houssay Prize (2003). Jorge L. Rodriguez is a Professor of Legal Theory at the National University of Mar del Plata School of Law and a visiting professor in the department of law at the University of Girona. He has published several books and articles in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Italy, Mexico, and the United Kingdom on legal theory and deontic logic. Rodriguez was awarded the Young Scholar Prize by the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (1999) and was recognized by the Konex Foundation in the discipline of the philosophy of law and legal theory (2006). He has served as a criminal judge in Mar del Plata since 2009.
- Author(s)Jorge L. Rodriguez,Pablo E. Navarro
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.