Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is on dependence concepts and general methods for dependence testing. Here, dependence means data dependence and the tests are compile-time tests. We felt the time was ripe to create a solid theory of the subject, to provide the research community with a uniform conceptual framework in which things fit together nicely. How successful we have been in meeting these goals, of course, remains to be seen. We do t try to include all the minute details that are kwn, r do we deal with clever tricks that all good programmers would want to use. We do try to convince the reader that there is a mathematical basis consisting of theories of bounds of linear functions and linear diophantine equations, that levels and direction vectors are concepts that arise rather natu- rally, that different dependence tests are really special cases of some general tests, and so on. Some mathematical maturity is needed for a good understand- ing of the book: mainly calculus and linear algebra. We have cov- ered diophantine equations rather thoroughly and given a descrip- of some matrix theory ideas that are t very widely kwn. tion A reader familiar with linear programming would quickly recog- nize several concepts. We have learned a great deal from the works of M. Wolfe, and K. Kennedy and R. Allen. Wolfe's Ph. D. thesis at the University of Illiis and Kennedy & Allen's paper on vectorization of Fortran programs are still very useful sources on this subject.
- Author(s)Utpal Banerjee
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight266 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.