All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want your wireless network to be profitable? Wireless operators will find this practical, hands-on guide to network deployment invaluable. Based on their own extensive experience, the authors describe an end-to-end network planning process to deliver the guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS) that enables today's wireless IP services such as VoIP, WWW and streaming video. The trade-off between enhanced user experience and operator cost is explored in the context of an enhanced business model. Comprehensive examples are provided for: * GSM/GPRS/EDGE * WCDMA-UMTS/HSDPA * OFDM-WiMAX/LTE * mesh WiFi * packet backhaul Topics addressed include: * capacity/peak data rates * service latency * link budgets * lifecycle costs * network optimisation With a focus on practical design, the book is ideal for radio and core network planners, designers, optimisers and business development staff at operators and network equipment manufacturers. Extensive references also make it suitable for graduate and postgraduate students.
- Author BiographyAndy Wilton is Senior Director and Chief Technologist of Motorola's GSM Systems Division (GSD) and is responsible for technology management of GSM and UMTS products worldwide. His major activities are product innovation, technology sourcing, standards strategy and technical oversight of all GSD programmes. Tim Charity is Head of Applied Technology at Motorola's Global Networks Services. He has led the creation of a service portfolio for GSM, CDMA, UMTS, WIMAX networks, and holds ten patents relating to cellular technologies.
- Author(s)Andy Wilton,Tim Charity
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2008
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note101 b/w illus.
- Weight900 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.