Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis topical and accessible work analyses the deposit protection and bank resolution regimes in the EU and UK. The book examines key amendments to the regulatory framework post crisis, such as the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive, and the impact of these changes on banks, legal practitioners and regulators. The book provides an assessment of current deposit protection schemes and insurance in the context of financial stability, and highlights the UK regime's limitations in relation to the US and EU systems, and possible areas for reform. All issues relating to deposit protection schemes are covered, providing a comprehensive analysis and comparison between the UK, EU and US regimes. Most importantly, a vel approach is followed, which addresses the much discussed objective of financial stability from a different perspective: by enhancing and focusing on depositor protection.
- Author BiographyDr Kelftouri is a Bank Expert at the European Banking Authority. She was previously a member of the policy team of the Resolution Directorate at the Bank of England. She holds a doctorate in banking law from the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London and has published a number of articles on the subject of deposit protection in the leading financial law journals.
- Author(s)Nikoletta Kleftouri
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight666 g
- Width175 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.