All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionLike peering through the plate glass window of a Woolworth's, Kresge's, or J.J. Newberry's, this popular book reveals the wonderful array of dimestore merchandise that awaited homemakers and gardeners during our country's Depression era. Consumers in those years needed a convenient, affordable place to purchase necessities for the home--and dimestores had it all. Illustrated with over 200 images, many of them drawn from original catalogs and advertisements, this book is a virtual shopper's paradise of Depression era goods from the pretty to the practical: colorful dinnerware, cookware, salt and pepper shakers, cookie jars, linens, home decor, stationery, furniture, needlework, sewing tions, holiday decorations, gardening products, even supplies for the family pet. For all those who treasure memories of their local five-and-ten-cent store, this book is a must. Newly updated values are included for all items.
- Author BiographyC.L. Miller is a freelance writer from Ohio with award winning works that have appeared in many publications. He most recently authored Depression Era Dimestore Glass***.
- Author(s)C. L. Miller
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 200 photos & illus.
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.