All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are depressed, you're t alone. As many as one in five people are suffering along with you at any one time. Depression is an equal opportunity illness, affecting all ages and social groups. One of the most effective ways to recover from depression is to learn to take control of the illness. Kwledge is power kwing just what you are faced with will help you and your family to cope with the experience. This book is aimed at dispelling the myths and stigma surrounding depression as a 'mental illness' and explains what depression is, what drug and therapy treatments can do and how you can help yourself. Kwledge is a way to alleviate the effects of depression. The information in this book will help you take the first step towards coping effectively, whether it is for yourself or for someone you care about.
- Author BiographyGlenys OConnell is the published author of novels, non-fiction and childrens books and is an award winning playwright. She became interested in the workings of the mind while a journalist covering the crime beat on newspapers in the UK and Canada, and explored it further with a degree in psychology. She went on to work as a cognitive behavioural counsellor in private practice. She has a special interest in depression because of her own family background and believes that more openness and acceptance of depression and other mental health issues will encourage people to seek help and wellness. Glenys welcomes visitors and encourages comments at her blog, www.talkingdepression.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Glenys O'Connell
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight178 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.