All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a unique and user-friendly model for psychotherapy with depressed women. The author integrates empirically-supported therapies, feminist theories of depression, creative arts therapies, and mindfulness-based techniques. The book also addresses relapse prevention, reproductive-related events, special medication issues for women, and the latest research on alternative remedies.
- Author BiographySusan L. Simonds, PhD, is a clinical psychologist whose interest in the psychology of women spans 20 years. She received a PhD in clinical psychology from the Fielding Institute in 1996, a master's degree in creative arts therapy from Hahnemann University in 1981, and a bachelor of arts with distinction in Chinese language and literature from the University of Wisconsin in 1973. She is a member of the Academy of Registered Dance Therapists. She currently works in private practice and part time on the faculty of Washington State University Counseling Services in Pullman, WA. Previously, she was director of a women's counseling center in the Philadelphia suburbs, was the cofounder of the Women Therapists' Network serving eastern Pennsylvania, and the cofounder of the Palouse Chapter of the Association for Women in Psychology. As a member of the founding Board of Directors of the Women's Therapy Center of Philadelphia (formerly the Feminist Therapy Collective), she helped to establish a community-based mental health center for women. She is also the author of the book, Bridging the Silence: Nonverbal Modalities in the Treatment of Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Dr. Simonds hosts the show, Wellness for Women, on KUOI FM, the radio station of the University of Idaho.
- Author(s)Susan L. Simonds
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.