All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionErnst Ludwig Kirchner (1880 1938) is perhaps the most well-kwn Expressionist painter. His work reveals a phemen, which, to this extent, is rare for the art of the Modern era pictures painted on the reverse side of the canvas as a category of its own and it is explored in this book. Kirchner removed a large number of paintings from their frames, turned them over and used the reverse sides for further compositions. The initial spark for this publication came from a rediscovery, which came to light during the restoration of the reverse side of Kirchner s painting Yellow Engelufer (1913).
- Author BiographyLucius Grisebach is a freelance art historian. He is a former director of the Kunsthalle Nurnberg and the founding director of the Neues Museum Nurnberg. Wolfgang Henze is an art dealer, publisher, and curator. He is a former president of the Stiftung Kunst fur das LWL Landesmuseum fur Kunst und Kulturgeschichte in Munster. Inge Herold is a German art historian and curator. She is the deputy director and curator of the Kunsthalle Mannheim in Mannheim, Germany. Ulrike Lorenz is a former director of the Kunstsammlung Gera and the Otto Dix House, and is currently director of the Kunsthalle Mannheim, Germany. Thorstem Sadowsky has curated 60 exhibitions and published 30 exhibition catalogs. He is the director of the Kirchner Museum in Davos.
- Author(s)Lucius Grisebach,Wolfgang Henze
- PublisherWienand Verlag
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWienand Verlag
- Weight1225 g
- Width246 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byInge Herold,Thorstem Sadowsky,Ulrike Lorenz
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.