Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSunbury Press has digitally restored Johann Georg Hohman's 1828 Ephrata edition of Der Lange Verborgene Freund. The original German text is presented in its original typeface, including any inscriptions, tables or pictures in their original context.
- Author BiographyJohann Georg Hohman (English spelling: John George Hohman) was a Pennsylvania German printer and book seller, compiling collections of herbal remedies, magical healings, and charms. He immigrated to Pennsylvania from Germany in 1802, settling near Reading, in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, where he printed and sold publications and practiced and instructed in the arts of folk magic and folk religion which later became known as pow-wow. Hohman's best known work is the collection of prayers and recipes for folk-healing titled the Long Lost Friend, published in German in 1820 as Der Lange Verborgene Freund.
- Author(s)Johann Georg Hohman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.