All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionReligious texts are part of the oldest historical testimonies which are subject of translation work. For thousands of years religion has been translated again and again in terms of language, content and form. But what is happening when Holy Scriptures are translated? Is it a profanation ? Do they attain a new dimension of meaning because of the change of language? Which elements of religion can be translated? These and some other questions have been addressed by an interdisciplinary research symposium in October 2014 at the University of Rostock. This volume is a documentation of the contributions of this symposium from the fields of egyptology, classical studies, biblical studies, German studies, Islamic studies, Jewish studies, religious studies and religious education.
- PublisherEvangelische Verlagsanstalt
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEvangelische Verlagsanstalt
- Weight653 g
- Edited byMartin Rosel,Melanie Lange
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.