All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the airline, railroad, telecommunications, and electric power industries are at very different stages in adjusting to regulatory reform, each industry faces the same critical public policy question: Are policymakers taking appropriate steps to stimulate competition or are they turning back the clock by slowing the process of deregulation? This volume addresses that issue and identifies the next steps that policymakers should take to enhance public welfare in the provision of these services. Each chapter identifies the central policy issues that have arisen in each industry as it undergoes transformation to a deregulated environment. The authors reveal the flaws in the residual regulations and make the case for faster and more comprehensive deregulation. A concluding chapter identifies how interest groups continue to exert influence on regulatory agencies and on Congress, potentially undermining deregulation. The papers included here were initially presented in December 1999 at a conference sponsored and organized by the AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies.
- Author BiographySam Peltzman is Sears Roebuck Professor at the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, and author of Political Participation and Government Regulation (Chicago, 1998). Clifford Winston is a senior fellow in Economic Studies at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., USA. Among his previous books is Alternate Route: Toward Efficient Urban Transportation , cowritten with Chad Shirley (Brookings, 1998).
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight17 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byClifford Winston,Sam Peltzman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.