CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionTaken decade by decade, Derek Jarman's life is a virtual encapsulation of the social and cultural history of the latter half of the twentieth century, from post-war austerity through the liberated sixties and the perplexing seventies to the eighties of Aids and Thatcherism. Jarman has grown in stature ermously over the past decade. Always influential in artistic and film-making terms, and within the gay community, he had attained before his death a figurehead status that is w very generally recognised, and can only increase with time. His extraordinary garden in Dungeness in Kent has become a major tourist attraction and his films still compel massive critical attention. Tony Peake was Derek Jarman's literary agent, and knew him well. His authorised biography is based on first-hand interviews and primary research and does immense justice to a brilliant - and singular - subject.
- Author BiographyBorn in South Africa in 1951, Tony Peake is a literary agent, novelist and anthologist (SEDUCTION, published by Serpents Tail).
- Author(s)Tony Peake
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date31/12/2009
- Content NoteSection: 16, b/w + 8pp 4-col
- Weight884 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.