Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new introduction to the life, thought and works of one of the greatest seventeenth-century philosophers, John Cottingham aims to place Descartes' ideas in their historical context while at the same time showing how they relate to a network of philosophical problems that are still vigorously debated today.Separate chapters are devoted to Descartes' life and the intellectual climate of his times: the Cartesian method: the reconstruction of kwledge from self to God and to the external world: Descartes' theory of the material universe: his account of mind and body: and his psychology and theory of the will and passions.While doing justice to the complexities of Descartes' thought, the book presupposes philosophical training, and all technical philosophical tions are explained in such a way as to be intelligible to the first-year student or general reader.
- Author BiographyJohn Cottingham is Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Reading. He is author of Rationalism (1994) and, in collaboration with R. Stoothoff and D. Murdoch, of a new two-volume translation of The Philosophical Writings of Descartes (1985).
- Author(s)John Cottingham
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/1986
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.