All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs he was dying, Abba Benjamin taught his sons this: Do this, and you'll be saved: Rejoice always, pray constantly, and in all circumstances give thanks .<p>Each Christian who seeks God through prayer is continuing a tradition that began with the desert fathers and mothers of the fourth and fifth century -- simple peasants whose spiritual progress was marked by inner peace, self-control, poverty, patience, humility, and hospitality. Desert Wisdom contains some hundred sayings of the desert fathers, each accompanied by playful illustrations by Japanese artist Yushi Nomura. Bridging East and West, the simple truths of Desert Wisdom remain as fresh and vital to Christians today as they were to the disciples who first heard and recorded them.
- Author BiographyHenri J. M. Nouwen is one of the most popular spiritual writers of our time. He wrote more than 40 books, among them the best-selling Out of Solitude. He taught at the University of Notre Dame, as well as Yale and Harvard Universities. From 1986 until his death in 1996, he was part of the L'Arche Daybreak community in Toronto where he shared his life with people with mental disabilities.
- Author(s)Henri J. M. Nouwen,Yushi Nomura
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Content Note96 illustrations
- Weight171 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byYushi Nomura
- Illustrator(s)Yushi Nomura
- Translated byYushi Nomura
- Introduction byJ.M. Henri. Nouwen
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.