All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $44.95Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionDesi Rap explores the connection between South Asian Americans and hip-hop as both a sociopolitical/cultural movement and performative identity. This groundbreaking collection of essays is the first book of its kind to interrogate ideas about ownership of culture while asserting the distinctness of South Asian American identity that has come through the use of and influence by hip-hop as a cultural art form.
- Author BiographyAjay Nair is Associate Vice Provost at the University of Pennsylvania. Murali Balaji is a lecturer and doctoral fellow at the College of Communications at Pennsylvania State University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication17/10/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAjay Nair,Murali Balaji
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.