All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second in a must-have series of step-by-step guides to using the new RIBA Plan of Work 2013 on your project. Drawing together stages 2 and 3 this book explains the importance of the Concept Design and Developed Design, how to achieve a balance of creativity and method and how it should interact with the briefing and construction phases. Providing a practical tool to running an efficient project each guide follows the same format leading you through the core tasks at each stage supported by tips, definitions, templates and useful techniques. Five theoretical scenarios are used throughout the guides to illustrate how the Plan of Work can be applied on various project types and sizes including an extension to a house, a new library and a large office building. These guides will provide unrivalled support for practices on all projects - large and small - and across all types of procurement. It will also be invaluable for architectural students at Part 3 who are getting to grips with the realities of practice as well as others involved in the briefing and definition stages including clients. The series editor, Dale Sinclair, is a highly successful and experienced practitioner, lecturer and author. He is RIBA Vice President, Practice and Profession, and he led the development of the RIBA Plan of Work 2013.
- Author BiographyTim Bailey is founder of xsite architecture established in 2000 and based in Newcastle. Tim has been an architect since 1992 and has been involved with a diverse range of realised projects throughout the North East and London. Born in the North East and graduating from Newcastle University Tim made a positive decision to stay in the region and create a practice that had a strong design ethos underpinning a realistic commercial approach to projects. In addition he has developed a strong relationship with the arts sector working collaboratively and for arts clients as well as in the retail, leisure, residential and commercial sectors.
- Author(s)Tim Bailey
- PublisherRIBA Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRIBA Enterprises
- Weight660 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.