All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability is w a buzzword both among professionals and scholars. However, though climate change and resource depletion are w widely recognised by business as major challenges, and while new practices like 'green design' have emerged, efforts towards change remain weak and fragmented. Exposing these limitations, Design Futuring systematically presents ideas and methods for Design as an expanded ethical and professional practice. Design Futuring argues that responding to ethical, political, social and ecological concerns w requires a new type of practice which recognises design's importance in overcoming a world made unsustainable. Illustrated throughout with international case material, Design Futuring presents the author's ground-breaking ideas in a coherent framework, focusing specifically on the ways in which concerns for ethics and sustainability can change the practice of Design for the 21st Century. Design Futuring - a pathfinding text for the new era - extends far beyond Design courses and professional practice and will be invaluable also to students and practitioners of Architecture, the Creative Arts, Business and Management.
- Author BiographyTony Fry is a director of the sustainment consultancy Team D/E/S and Adjunct Professor of Design, Griffith University, Queensland College of Art. He has taught and lectured internationally and is author of Remakings: Ecology, Design, Philosophy and A New Design Philosophy: An Introduction to Defuturing, among many other works.
- Author(s)Tony Fry
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note50 bw illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width150 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.