All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll designers will feel that creativity and invation are at the heart of their designs. But for a design to have an effective and lasting impact it needs to work within certain structures, or have those structures created suitably around it. No matter how you work, a design can always be improved by assessing where it fits into the market, how it best to strengthen it before it's set in stone, who it could appeal to. It needs to be managed. In this accessible and informative second edition, Kathryn Best brings together the theory and practice of design management. With new interviews, case studies and related exercises, she provides an up to date guide for students wanting to kw more about the strategy, process and implementation crucial to the management of design. The book takes its reader through the essential steps to good management of design and highlights topics currently under debate. In each part of the book Strategy, Process and Implementation are each explained using advice from leaders in the industry and real life examples. Best breaks up each part into clear and readable sections to create the perfect undergraduate book on design management.
- Author BiographyKathryn Best was Course Leader in Design Management at University for the Creative Arts (UK), and Research Professor at the Center for Cross Media, Brand, Reputation and Design Management (CBRD) at Inholland University of Applied Sciences. She is now a designer, consultant, author and educator: please see www.kathrynbest.com.
- Author(s)Kathryn Best
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRequired Reading Range
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight1070 g
- Width220 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.