All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionDesign Things offers an invative view of design thinking and design practice, envisioning ways to combine creative design with a participatory approach encompassing aesthetic and democratic practices and values. The authors of Design Things look at design practice as a mode of inquiry that involves people, space, artifacts, materials, and aesthetic experience, following the process of transformation from a design concept to a thing. Design Things, which grew out of the Atelier (Architecture and Techlogy for Inspirational Living) research project, goes beyond the making of a single object to view design projects as sociomaterial assemblies of humans and artifacts-- design things. The book offers both theoretical and practical perspectives, providing empirical support for the authors' conceptual framework with field projects, case studies, and examples from professional practice. The authors examine the dynamics of the design process; the multiple transformations of the object of design; metamorphing, performing, and taking place as design strategies; the concept of the design space as emerging landscapes ; the relation between design and use; and the design of controversial things.
- Author BiographyThomas Binder is Associate Professor at the Danish Design School. Giorgio De Michelis is Professor at the University of Milan--Bicocca. Pelle Ehn is Professor at Malmo University's School of Arts and Communication. Giulio Jacucci is Professor at the University of Helsinki. Per Linde is a Researcher at Malmo University. Ina Wagner is Professor at the Institute for Technology Assessment and Design. Ina Wagner is Professor at the Institute for Technology Assessment and Design.
- Author(s)Giorgio De Michelis,Giulio Jacucci,Ina Wagner,Pelle Ehn,Per Linde,Thomas Binder
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- Series TitleDesign Thinking, Design Theory
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note132 b&w photos
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.