All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe book makes visible and comprehensible aspects of the briefing and design process by examining different, overlapping activities that take place: relating, talking, exploring/discovering, and transforming. Material for the book is drawn from interviews with practicing architects, outstanding examples of design and collaboration from different countries, and concepts and research in psychotherapy, architecture and design studies. The authors also refer to their own experiences in briefing and design, teaching, and research. Throughout the book, concepts and examples from practice are linked to design outcomes in built projects. As design projects are becoming increasingly complex and necessarily collaborative, Design through Dialogue joins other recent initiatives in architecture and building construction to further partnering relationships between architects and clients.
- Author BiographyKaren A. Franck is a professor in the College of Architecture and Design and the College of Science and Liberal Arts at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Previous books include Architecture from the Inside Out written with Bianca Lepori and Loose Space edited with Quentin Stevens. Teresa von Sommaruga Howard is a practising architect, an organizational consultant and a group analytic psychotherapist with a specialty in conducting dialogue groups. She lectures and writes about the dynamics of large groups, culture and change and involving people in the design of their environments.
- Author(s)Karen A. Franck,Teresa Von Sommaruga Howard
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2007
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight696 g
- Width192 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.