Design and Deliver: Planning and Teaching Using Universal Design for Learning by Loui Lord Nelson (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.19+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniversal Design for Learning is the best way to teach all students effectively but how can a busy teacher get started with UDL right w? Answers are in this vibrant, research-based guidebook, created by seasoned teacher and former UDL Coordinator Loui Lord Nelson. K-12 educators will learn how to use the three key principles of UDL Engagement, Representation, and Action & Expression to present information in multiple ways and meet the needs of diverse learners. Written in first person, like a face-to-face talk with a passionate educator, the book gives teachers a reader-friendly UDL primer and a practical framework for implementation, with detailed guidelines on lesson planning and checkpoints that help them stay on track. USE UDL PRINCIPLES TO HELP STUDENTS: sharpen executive function skills, such as goal-setting and strategy development improve comprehension and information processing stay engaged during lessons and overcome distractions communicate effectively using multiple tools, including both high and low/ techlogy options develop self-regulation and self-assessment skills sustain effort and persistence increase automy show what they kw through flexible, individualized assessment options PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Diverse examples of successfully using UDL across grades, sample assignments and activity ideas, and helpful tips and personal reflections from teachers and administrators. Videos included online! Watch 16 short clips with UDL tips from experienced educators: www.brookespublishing.com/nelson-videos ENHANCED E-BOOK VERSION AVAILABLE! The full-color e-book includes 16 embedded video clips of teachers and administrators offering tips on key UDL topics, such as choosing goals, promoting executive function, recruiting student interest, and helping students generalize new skills. For the best reading experience please install one of the following free e-reader apps, all of which support video: To read on your personal computer (Windows or Mac): Google Chrome's Readium AppTo read on an iPad or iPhone: Apple's iBooks or Gitden EPUB3 Book ReaderTo read on an Android device (tablet or mobile): Gitden EPUB3 Book Reader or Gitden Sony reader with reader extensionOnce your app is installed, follow these easy steps for downloading your e-book: Purchase the e-book through the device on which you will be reading.From your confirmation email or your Brookes Publishing website account, click the download link provided.The e-book will download*. If reading on your personal computer, transfer the file (which will be saved to your Downloads folder unless otherwise directed by you) to your reader library. If you are reading on a tablet or mobile device select the reader in which the e-book should be opened. Thata s it! You are w ready to read your enhanced e-book!*The download time of the Design and Deliver e-book will vary slightly, but will likely take 30 minutes to an hour due to file size.
- Author BiographyLoui Lord Nelson, Ph.D., is a consultant specializing in universal design for learning (UDL). She recently completed a 1-year postdoctoral fellowship through Boston College and CAST. She has focused on K 12 professional development and systems change design and is conducting research in both areas. Prior to this experience, she was the Coordinator of UDL in Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation in Columbus, Indiana, for four years. Loui began her career as an eighth-grade collaborative teacher in Indiana and then expanded her work to focus on the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the postsecondary setting and the families of those individuals. Her work is constantly informed by the lifespan experiences of these individuals. David H. Rose is the Founder and Chief Education Officer of CAST.
- Author(s)Loui Lord Nelson
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight299 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Foreword byDavid Rose
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.