Design and Planning of Research and Clinical Laboratory Facilities by Leonard Mayer (Hardback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $290.02+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDESIGN and PLANNING of Research and Clinical LABORATORY FACILITIES In this primer/professional reference, Leonard Mayer demystifies one of the most complex architectural specialties. An architect with more than thirty-three years' experience as a master planner and programmer of laboratories and clinical facilities, Mr. Mayer offers a comprehensive overview of the fundamental issues related to laboratory planning and design. He also provides designers with a clear and rational framework through which to approach this highly challenging and rewarding design specialty. A superb learning tool for students and professionals just getting started in lab design and a valuable one-volume reference for the experienced professional, Design and Planning of Research and Clinical Laboratory Facilities features: Step-by-step guidance through the complex maze of codes, specifications, standards, and official guidelines, relating to the planning, design, and construction processes New and updated design criteria based on the most recent laws and regulations Master plans, facility programs, functional programs and requirements programs for a wide variety of scientific and medical disciplines and support facilities Comprehensive lists of relevant codes, regulations, standards, guidelines, and important architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing criteria Research and clinical laboratory facilities are, perhaps, the most complex structures to plan and design. Intimidated by a vast and seemingly impenetrable body of codes, regulations, and design criteria pertaining to lab design and construction, many architects, unfortunately, choose to avoid what can be one of the most profitable and professionally rewarding areas of specialization. Written by an architect with more than thirty-three years of experience as a master planner and programmer of laboratories and clinical facilities, this book demystifies the process of laboratory planning and design. It provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamental issues related to laboratory design and offers readers detailed, step-by-step guidance through the complex maze of design specifications and codes, standards, and official guidelines that must be addressed during the programming, planning, design, and construction process. Focusing mainly on laboratory programming, planning, and design criteria for wet laboratory environments, Leonard Mayer provides examples from numerous master plans, facility programs, functional programs and requirements programs applicable to a wide variety of scientific and medical disciplines, and related facilities. Related functions and activities include administrative offices, computer centers, core service and support, building services facilities, and more. He presents new and updated design criteria based on recent laws and regulations and supplies readers with comprehensive lists of relevant codes, regulations, standards, guidelines, and architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing criteria. Design and Planning of Research and Clinical Laboratory Facilities is an excellent primer for architecture students and newcomers to the field, as well as an indispensable single-volume reference for experienced professionals. It is also an invaluable resource for researchers and investigators, facility planners and managers, plant engineers, and all others involved with the design, construction, maintenance, and administration of laboratory facilities.
- Author BiographyLEONARD MAYER, AIA, is Principal of The Planning Collaborative, Ltd., a consulting firm that specializes in programming and planning laboratory and health care facilities. He has master planned and programmed more than 22 million gross square feet of research and clinical laboratory and health care facilities. Mr. Mayer is a former director of Professional Practice Programs at the American Institute of Architects and the editor of Architects Handbook of Professional Practice, AIA Documents Series, and the First Edition of Legal Citations File. He also assisted the College of American Pathologists' Laboratory Function and Design Committee in the revision of the Medical Laboratory Planning and Design Manual and is currently a member of the National Committee on Clinical Laboratory Standards' Subcommittee on Laboratory Design and Safety.
- Author(s)Leonard Mayer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, plans
- Weight1140 g
- Width185 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.96Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.