All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe process of planning and building or revating a veterinary healthcare facility is often long, complex, and fraught with problems. To increase the chances for success, turn to the Design the Dream consultants - specialists who provide guidance based on visits to over 2500 hospitals in the past decade. Design the Dream teaches practice managers/administrators, board members, facility planning teams, and veterinarians about the process, potential pitfalls, and technical termilogy of veterinary facility programming and design. A collaboration with a consultant or architect helps to identify the benefits of the practice's expansion or evolution. Careful planning can assure t only the financial viability of the practice, but also its survival vis-a-vis regulatory agencies. Design the Dream: A Pre-Construction Primer describes the process of creating a new building (or altering an existing one) from conception to construction initiation. It explains programming and design in sufficient detail to establish a common language and understanding between the veterinarians and practice managers/administrators and the architects and engineers. Offers criteria to evaluate design concepts. Ensures that each potential veterinary practice can access the needed resources before investing their future earnings. Conceived and developed as a pre-construction self-training and orientation text, Design the Dream demonstrates how members of the practice staff and technical experts work together to create the long-range plan of the practice. Example flow diagrams and draft facility floor plans spark creativity, provide a starting point for adaptation to individual needs, and represent a dream that can be pursued and achieved. Whether your veterinary healthcare team is creating a new facility or adapting a facility that longer fits your practice style or client expectations, Design the Dream will ease the process.
- Author BiographyThomas E. Catanzaro, DVM, MHA, FACHE, Diplomate, American College of Healthcare Executives, is owner of Catanzaro & Associates, Inc., and author of a number of ISP books. The book includes material from eight architects (Daniel D. Chapel, Tony L. Cochrane, Lawrence A. Gates, Paul Gladysz, Mark R. Hafen, Sam Salahi, Mark Schmidt, Wayne Usiak, and Veterinary Practice Consultants(R) authors Steve Amsberry, Thomas E. Catanzaro, Robert W. Deegan, and Thom A. Haig.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2003
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note50 illustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byThomas E. Catanzaro
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.