All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated reference guide breaks down the myriad decisions regarding color, font, and symbology that must be made to create maps that effectively communicate the intended message of the mapmaker. Designing Better Maps: A Guide for GIS Users demystifies the basics of good cartography, walking readers through layout design, scales, rth arrows, projections, color selection, font choices, and symbol placement. Recognizing the need for integration with other publishing and design programs, the text also covers various export options, all of which lead to the creation of publication-worthy maps. Designing Better Maps includes an appendix describing the author's popular ColorBrewer application, an online color selection tool.
- Author BiographyCynthia A. Brewer is a professor and associate head of the Department of Geography at Pennsylvania State University, where she teaches introductory cartography and map design courses and advises graduate students working in cartography. She has worked as a map and atlas design consultant for the U.S. Census Bureau, National Cancer Institute, National Center for Health Statistics, and National Park Service.
- Author(s)Cynthia A. Brewer
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2005
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/02/2016
- Content Note463
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.