Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you design personalized user experiences that delight and provide value to the customers of an eCommerce site? Personalization does t guarantee high quality user experience: a personalized user experience has the best chance of success if it is developed using a set of best practices in HCI. In this book 35 experts from academia, industry and government focus on issues in the design of personalized web sites. The topics range from the design and evaluation of user interfaces and tools to information architecture and computer programming related to commercial web sites. The book covers four main areas: -Theoretical, Conceptual, and Architectural Frameworks of Personalization, -Research on the Design and Evaluation of Personalized User Experiences in Different Domains, -Approaches to personalization Through Recommender Systems, -Lessons Learned and Future Research Questions. This book will be a valuable tool in helping the reader to understand the range of factors to take into consideration in designing and building a personalized user experience. The authors of each of the chapters identify possibilities and alert the reader to issues that can be addressed in the beginning of a project by taking a 'big picture' view of designing personalized user interfaces. For anyone working or studying in the field of HCI, information architecture or eCommerce, this book will provide a solid foundation of kwledge and prepare for the challenges ahead.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleHuman-Computer Interaction Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note158 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight686 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byClare-Marie Karat,Jan O. Blom,John Karat
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.