All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides a concise and accessible introduction to the principles and elements of policy design in contemporary governance. Howlett seeks to examine in detail the range of substantive and procedural policy instruments that together comprise the toolbox from which governments select specific tools expected to resolve policy problems. Guiding students through the study of the instruments used by governments in carrying out their tasks, adapting to, and altering, their environments, this book: * Discusses several current trends in instrument use often linked to factors such as globalization and the increasingly networked nature of modern society. * Considers the principles behind the selection and use of specific types of instruments in contemporary government. * Evaluates in detail the merits, demerits and rationales for the use of specific organization, regulatory, financial and information-based tools and the trends visible in their use * Addresses the issues of instrument mixes and their (re)design in a discussion of the future research agenda of policy design. Providing a comprehensive overview of this essential component of modern governance and featuring helpful definitions of key concepts and further reading, this book is essential reading for all students of public policy, administration and management.
- Author BiographyMichael Howlett is Burnaby Mountain Chair in the Department of Political Science at Simon Fraser University and Visiting Professor at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, specializing in public policy analysis, political economy, and resource and environmental policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Textbooks in Policy Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 21 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.