All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionA portrait of a traditional Brahmin family on the brink of dissolution. Tara, the narrator, divorced from the husband she wed in an arranged marriage and transplanted to San Francisco, teeters between the India she left behind and the dizzying California she w calls home. Though separated by geography and by radically different lifestyles, Tara and her sisters - the 'desirable daughters' of the title - remain close, and when danger befalls Tara, it is her sisters and her ex-husband she turns to for help in resolving the mystery that threatens to destroy her and her family.
- Author Biography<strong>Bharati Mukherjee</strong> is the author of five novels, two non-fiction books, and two collections of short stories, including <em>The Middleman and Other Stories</em>, for which she won the National Book Critics Circle Award. She is a professor of English at the University of California Berkeley.
- Author(s)Bharati Mukherjee
- Date of Publication04/12/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date10/12/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.