All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A work of rapture - jolting, hilarious and incredibly racy' Martin Amis, The Times Self-satisfied, delighting in the many fascinating quirks of his own personality, Hermann Hermann is perhaps t to be taken too seriously. But then a chance meeting with Felix, a man he believes to be his double, reveals a frightening 'split' in Hermann's nature. Convinced that he has found his doppelganger, Hermann uses this discovery to weave a money-making plan that leads to disguise, betrayal and eventually murder. Filled with impudent, startling humour, and dominated by the egotistical and scornful figure of a killer who thinks himself an artist, Despair takes us into a deranged world of doubles and illusions, where thing is quite as it seems.
- Author BiographyVladimir Nabokov was born in 1899 in St Petersburg. He wrote his first literary works in Russian, but rose to international prominence as a masterly prose stylist for the novels he composed in English, most famously, Lolita. Between 1923 and 1940 he published novels, short stories, plays, poems and translations in the Russian language and established himself as one of the most outstanding Russian emigre writers. He died in 1977.
- Author(s)Vladimir Nabokov
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight134 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.77Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.