All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis major new book is the most up--to--date account of current feminist debates, written by some of the worlda s leading feminist thinkers. The 1980s saw a devastating critique of the simple unities of woman or womana s experience as a theoretical basis for feminist politics. The 1990s brought a powerful reappraisal of the universalizing tendencies in mainstream political, social and cultural theory, as feminists explored the deeper biases that go beyond a mere sexisma to structure the very terms of theoretical debate. Destabilizing Theory pushes this debate further with major new essays by Michele Barrett and Anne Phillips, and specially commissioned papers from prominent theorists in Britain, the USA and Australia, who take up and develop the themes in a variety of contexts.
- Author BiographyMichele Barrett is one of the foremost feminist theorists in Britain today and her work is very well--known. She has written many successful works including Womena s Oppression Today (Verso, 1989), Engendering Democracy (Polity Press, 1991) and Feminism and Equality (Blackwell, 1987).
- Author(s)Michele Barrett
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication16/05/1992
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight338 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRevd Dr Anne Phillips
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.