Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionFormer destroyer sailor tries to shake his demons by taking up residence on an island off the Georgia coast, where he meets up with a zany collection of unforgettable characters and situations. Follow him as he attempts to deal with a bizarre world in which automobiles are hit by cargo ships, journalists rent out female escorts, ministers in red Nehru suits deliver the votes for politicians -- some of whom sell shoes on the state capitol floor -- and as he tries to deal with the ghosts of 45 shipmates who call to him regularly from the bottom of the Atlantic. And that's just for starters; you have yet to meet Cholly Groph, Punxatawney Phil Glattfedler, Phil's voluptuous wife Zuzka, the elusive Lucky Luger, along with Murray Gartzner and the rest of the precariously-balanced cast.
- Author BiographyTom Barbarie was born in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn. He graduated from Brooklyn Tech, St. John's University, Naval Officer Candidate School and other Navy schools dealing with gunfire support, cryptography and combat information center operations. As a journalist, he has worked in the United States and abroad for daily newspapers, magazines and wire services. He has been accredited to the U.S. House and Senate Daily Press Galleries. Destroyerman Blues is his second novel. He lives in San Diego.
- Author(s)MR Thomas J Barbarie
- Date of Publication13/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.