All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDestroying the Other's Collective Memory addresses education as the violence that constitutes the passions, conceptual apparatuses, consciousnesses, possibilities, limitations, and aims of subjects and collectives. The mutual quests for control, productivization, and destruction of the Israeli and Palestinian passions, concepts, identities, and potentials are reconstructed. This reconstruction serves as a test case for counter-education, addressing the challenges of the era of meaninglessness. Referring in detail to the Israeli/Palestinian context, it confronts the wrecking of the modern utopia of nviolent, democratic public spheres in which a rational, solidarian, and pure human being replaces God. Destroying the Other's Collective Memory challenges our impoverished time, which t only lacks the presence of God, but lacks the meaning of his absence.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ilan Gur-Ze'ev is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy of Education at the University of Haifa in Israel. Among his publications are The Frankfurt School and the History of Pessimism and Philosophy, Politics, and Education in Israel. He has published widely in international philosophical and educational journals on issues such as cyberspace, feminism, postmodernism, critical pedagogy, counter-education, and the Holocaust.
- Author(s)Ilan Gur-Ze'ev
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number141
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.