All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBullying in schools has become the focus of a growing body of literature; however, much of that work diminishes the role of social context, social identities, and prejudices despite extensive research evidence suggesting that many victims of bullying are targeted because of an aspect of their social identity. This book demonstrates how the prevention and intervention of this phemen, termed identity-based bullying, is a social justice issue. Expanding beyond bullying prevention that focuses on individual perpetrators, the book examines identity-based bullying in schools as a microcosm of larger systemic tensions and conflicts. The author utilizes a social constructivist perspective to understand the experiences of children as active agents in their own lives. She also provides an international framework to describe the impact of culture, social structures, and politics from the US and the UK. Challenges and barriers to addressing identity-based bullying are explored and recommendations are made for best practices for teachers, administrators, and mental health professionals to prevent and respond to identity-based bullying.
- Author BiographyBritney G Brinkman is Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology at Chatham University, USA.
- Author(s)Britney G. Brinkman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleResearching Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white line drawings
- Weight356 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.