All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionDetective Jake Stalb and his partner, Detective Cheryl McCoy, respond to a report of a drive-by shooting. Arriving on the scene, they discover they have two victims. A young boy appears to be the intended target and an older woman may be only an incent victim of the crime. Neither victim can be identified. But there may yet a third victim; the woman was seen with a six year old girl before the shooting, but w the girl is missing. After returning to the police station, Jake gets a shock when he realizes the boy reminds him of a bully and a killer from his past. Jake w has to track down the killer, find a missing child, and deal with memories he thought he'd buried as a teen-ager. It's t long before Jake discovers, through his own gut feelings and the concerns of his partner and the patrol team helping on the case, that the gang to which the killer belongs is receiving help from within the department's ranks. Jake realizes he has more than a homicide to solve, he w has to discover how deep the inside operation goes. Jake also learns, through comments made by the insiders and the shooting suspects, that he's a marked man. After hearing the name and the threat, Jake is able to put the name with a face. Doug Sylvester is the bully from Jake's past who is seeking revenge against Jake and will stop at thing to kill him. Jake is t a man who believes there is a supernatural power influencing his life: however, that's all about to change. An avowed atheist from a young age, he learns miracles do happen.
- Author BiographySheila Rae Myers became interested in writing while in college. She was most inspired by L.A. Smith who teaches her students to write about what interests them the most. Through the following years, one attempt at writing a novel after another failed as the characters lost their believability or the plot line failed after a few chapters. Inspiration came in the form of what Sheila felt was a plot line in a television crime drama which left her asking questions about what was happening behind the scenes after a terrible tragedy. The only answer she received came in the form of a short story she wrote. Detective Jake: The Search for Truth grew from a short story into a novel. Recognized as a pastor within the Society of Friends (Quakers), Sheila has a passion for discussing the issues people face today from a Christian perspective. She strives to find unique and interesting ways to share her Christian faith and has successfully used poetry, comedy, and her own life experiences to uplift and inspire others. Her guiding principle is based on the ideas a pastor can teach without preaching and a good testimony or story is often more effective than quoting Scripture. Planned as the first novel in a series, Detective Jake: The Search for Truth combines Sheila's passion for ministry with her interest and research of crime and the crime solving process.
- Author(s)Sheila Rae Myers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.