All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines forty-six UN peacekeeping operations, initiated from 1956 through 2006 to manage cases of intrastate and interstate conflicts, to identify the most significant factors that could help to explain the success or lack of success of such operations. Factor analysis is used to exploit the correlations between independent variables in order to regroup them into a smaller set of factors explaining the success or failure of these operations. The results show that the success of a UN peacekeeping operation can be explained by factors that are related to four categories of variables: i) the scope of resources invested in peacekeeping; ii) the duration and intensity of conflict and time of preparation for peacekeeping intervention; iii) the political support for peacekeeping from the UN Security Council; and iv) the type of conflict.
- Author BiographyJacques L. Koko, Ph.D. is assistant professor of conflict analysis and dispute resolution at Salisbury University and adjunct professor at American Military University. His research encompasses organizational conflict and intervention, culture and conflict, peacekeeping, democracy in Africa, small weapons in Africa, Somali piracy, and local capacity building. Essoh Jean Mathieu Claude Essis, a senior public officer and diplomat from the Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, has a Ph.D. in public policy from George Mason University. He was a Fulbright student at GMU and New York University; postdoctoral research fellow at New York University; senior fellow at GMU; assistant professor of conflict resolution / public policy and interim chair of the Department of Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Nova Southeastern University. Essis has taught policy analysis, governance and public management, organizational conflict intervention, cross-cultural negotiation, development, sustainability, as well as African and international affairs. Dr. Essis is a professor of political science at the International University of Grand Bassam, in Cote d'Ivoire, since August 2010.
- Author(s)Essoh J. M. C. Essis,Jacques L. Koko
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.