All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for media professionals working across a broad range of formats, Developer's Digital Media Reference is an excellent reference guide for those keeping pace with this dynamic industry. As convergence between the World Wide Web, multimedia, and television production communities continues, there is an increased demand for professionals to familiarize themselves with the many new delivery contexts, including hybrid DVD (where digital video content and computer data live on the same disc), interactive TV, and streaming media. Developer's Digital Media Reference covers essential techlogies such as SVG (scalable vector graphics), SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language, a markup language for creating animations on the web), MPEG-4 (compression standard for streaming audio/video), and Dynamic Web Applications. In addition to serving as a quick-look-up guide, this text is organized to explain today's major media: server-based architectures, disc-based architectures, distribution architectures, and merging/shared architectures. Each topic is discussed in terms of the techlogical background-evolution, current tools, and production tips and techniques.
- Author BiographyCurtis Poole is an independent producer and co-founder of the digital media production company Foresight Media, Inc. in Boston. Formerly, he was a senior technical writer at Avid Technology. Poole is the author of The Digital Producer: Getting it Done with Computer-Based Tools (1999/Focal Press). Janette Bradley is Senior Web Technologist for Avid. She designed Avid's Engineering Intranet site and co-led Avid's effort to define customer requirements and workflows in the Streaming Media creation industry, an effort that led to the formation of the Digital Media Group and Avid Production Network. She holds a PhD in Information Science, an MBA in Marketing, and a BS in Computer Science.
- Author(s)Curtis Poole,Janette Bradley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Other digital
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.