CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionFueled by the aging baby boom generation, active adult retirement communities are poised to be the next hot trend. This book, written by seasoned professionals, provides an introduction to the business, best practices, and latest trends. Highlights; Explains the various types of active adult retirement communities and the issues involved in their development.; Tells you who buys and why and how to assess the market for a specific development project; Explores how to create the all-important active adult lifestyle through choices of location, hard and soft amenities, and nresidential project components.; Covers the chief considerations in project planning and design, such as the design of the community, inclusion within a master-planned community, and residential and recreational products.; Explains the marketing strategies, tools, and techniques necessary to make a project successful.; Summarizes the principal legal considerations that apply uniquely to active adult developments and highlights lessons learned from experience.; Includes the latest trends in residential units, amenities, marketing, regulations, and techlogy.; Showcases a wide range of product types, locations, price ranges, and target markets in ten case studies of successful projects.
- Author BiographyDiane R. Suchman is an independent writer and consultant on real estate development, specializing in housing, community development, and revitalization strategies for low-income neighborhoods. She has served as special assistant to HUD's assistant secretary for policy development and research and was previously director of housing and community development research for the Urban Land Institute. She has also worked as a real estate market analyst. The author of five books and numerous chapters, articles, and case studies, she has a master's degree in planning from the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Diane R. Suchman
- PublisherUrban Land Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUrban Land Institute,U.S.
- Content Note115 colour photos, 1 chart, 16 tables, 30 diagrams & 2 maps
- Weight907 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.