Developing Enterprise Web Services: An Architects Guide by Sandeep Chatterjee, James Webber (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuild Web services with enterprise-class reliability, performance, and value. Web services are transforming IT, and represent a powerful new way to reduce cost and drive top-line growth throughout the enterprise. This book takes a -nsense view of architecting and constructing enterprise-class Web services and applications. The authors expertly assess the current state of the Web services platform, offering best practices and new architectural patterns for leveraging the advantages of Web services-and mitigating the risks. This work helps build Web services and applications that meet enterprise requirements for security, mobility, transactions, QoS, workflow, portlets, management, and more. It helps you avoid the bottomless pit of application rewriting and maintenance overhead, and architect applications to stay reliable even if some Web services go off-line. It features acale applications to support the inclusion of Web services from multiple partners, and secure private information within Web services environments. It helps you develop high-value mobile Web service applications, and includes a detailed case study. Whether you're an architect, developer, project leader, or manager, this book will help you deliver on the promise of Web services in your real-world enterprise environment.
- Author BiographyDR. SANDEEP CHATTERJEE is a seasoned technology expert and business professional with over a decade of hands-on contributions as a technologist, consultant, entrepreneur, and author. He is Chief Technology Officer of a startup focused on Web services delivery and management, and also serves as a Chief Technology Consultant for Fortune-100 and major not-for-profit organizations including Hewlett-Packard and ACCION International. Sandeep served on the Expert Group that specified the worldwide standard for mobile Web services, and was the lead of Hewlett-Packard's Web Services Mediation Platform. He was also Entrepreneur-in-Residence at FidelityCAPITAL, the VC arm of Fidelity Investments. Sandeep holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where his research in mobile systems was selected as one of the top 35 inventions in the 35-year history of MIT's Laboratory for Computer Science.DR. JAMES WEBBER is an architect and Web Services fanatic at Arjuna Technologies where he works on Web services transaction and Grid computing technology. Prior to joining Arjuna Technologies, he was the lead developer with Hewlett-Packard working on their BTP-based Web Services Transactions product--the industry's first Web Services Transaction solution. An active speaker and Web Services proponent, Jim is a co-author of the WS-CAF suite of specifications. Jim holds a B.Sc. in Computing Science and Ph.D. in Parallel Computing both from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Author(s)James Webber,Sandeep Chatterjee
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width179 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.