All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViewing fluency as a bridge between foundational skills and open-ended learning, this book guides teachers through effective instruction and assessment of fluent reading skills in the primary grades. Fluency's relationship to phological awareness, phonics, and print concepts is explained, and practical methods are shared for integrating fluency instruction in a literacy curriculum grounded in the Common Core State Standards. Classroom examples, weekly lesson plans, and extensive lists of recommended texts add to the book's utility for teachers.
- Author BiographyMelanie R. Kuhn, PhD, is Associate Professor in Literacy Education at Boston University, where she teaches courses on reading methods, struggling readers, assessment, and content-area literacy instruction. She began her teaching career in the Boston public schools and has worked as a literacy coordinator for an adult education program, a clinician at an international school in England, and Associate Professor in Reading Education at Rutgers Graduate School of Education. Dr. Kuhn is coauthor or coeditor of two previous books, Fluency in the Classroom and The Hows and Whys of Fluency Instruction, along with numerous articles and chapters. Her research interests include literacy instruction for striving readers, comprehension development, vocabulary instruction, and text complexity. Lorell Levy, EdD, is a learning disabilities teacher/consultant in the West Windsor-Plainsboro (New Jersey) School District and Adjunct Professor at Rutgers University, where she teaches courses on literacy education. Dr. Levy has presented at both national and regional conferences on topics of literacy education and special education. She is on the board of directors of several nonprofit organizations and has spent time training parents, teachers, and health care professionals in Ghana on how to work with children on the autism spectrum.
- Author(s)Melanie R. Kuhn
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Essential Library of Prek2 Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.