All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book discusses cartilage repair and all its aspects. These aspects vary from basic insights in cartilage biology and regeneration via MRI, to results of existing cartilage repair techniques and upcoming vel approaches. Fundamental cartilage biology is the topic covered within the first chapters of the book. These chapters t only provide an insight in healthy, damaged and regenerative cartilage but also describe developments in gene therapy and methods to enhance chondrogenesis of stemcells and prevent hypertophic differentiation. There is a huge progress in the possibilities of MR imaging of both healthy, damaged and regenerative cartilage. These developments t only enable better monitoring of cartilage repair but may also unravel the pathophysiology of the development of cartilage defects. Different cartilage repair techniques (e.g. allografts, autologous chondrocytes transplantation [ACT], microfracture), there technical aspects (e.g. developments towards an total arthroscopic approach), pitfalls, and outcomes are reported in the following chapters. In these chapters factors important for the results of cartilage repair such as meniscal repair, patient factors are described. Finally, an overview of vel cartilage repair techniques such as minced cartilage, devo cartilage and more areas are discussed in this comprehensive addition to the literature.
- Author BiographyPieter Emans of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands and Lars Peterson, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 65 colour illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight713 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLars Peterson,Pieter J. Emans
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.