All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book-length treatment of Exploratory Practice introduces five propositions about learners as practitioners of learning who are capable of developing their expertise through conducting research in and on their own classroom learning lives.
- Author BiographyDICK ALLWRIGHT is now retired from teaching applied linguistics at Lancaster University, UK. Once an enthusiast for observational classroom research, he has in recent years developed Exploratory Practice, a form of practitioner research involving teachers and learners working together, during language lessons, to explore and develop their own understandings of their classroom lives. He is the author of Observation in the Language Classroom, and (with Kathleen M. Bailey) Focus on the Language Classroom: An Introduction to Classroom Research for Language Teachers. JUDITH HANKS has been a teacher, teacher trainer, course director, director of studies, and a learner of languages for many years. She has worked in Italy, Singapore, London, Lancaster and is currently Senior Teaching Fellow at the University of Leeds, UK. A founder member of the EPCentre Team, she has given a number of workshops, talks and presentations on Exploratory Practice and is particularly interested in Teacher Development and in Learner (under-) Performance.
- Author(s)Dick Allwright,Judith Hanks
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication16/12/2008
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight545 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.