Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book bridges the gap between social work kwledge and empirically based practice. Although there is a significant need for the use of empirically tested and verified kwledge in social work practice, the empirical basis of support is nearly absent from practitioners'considerations as they make clinical decisions in routine practice. The authors advocate the development of readily available, accessible, and professionally sanctioned practice guidelines for use by practitioners, a necessity in the age of managed care and demands for greater accountability, effectiveness, and efficiency in practice. This book features a much-needed discussion of racial and ethnic differentials in relation to practice guidelines and on the relationship between practice guidelines and different aspects of service delivery.
- Author BiographyAaron Rosen is the Barbara A. Bailey Professor Emeritus of Social Work at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work of Washington University. Enola K. Proctor is the Frank Bruno Professor of Social Work Research and director of the Center for Mental Health Services at Washington University.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note8 figures
- Weight590 g
- Width159 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAaron Rosen,Enola K. Proctor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.