All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents cutting-edge, evidence-based interventions for dealing with specific difficulties of reading comprehension in children aged 7-11. * An in-depth introduction to the poor comprehender profile , which describes children who despite being fluent readers have difficulty extracting meaning from text. * Sets out a range of practical interventions for improving reading skills in this group - along with comprehensive guidance on assessment and monitoring, and insightful accounts of professionals experience in delivering the techniques described. * Includes an overview of psychological theories of reading comprehension, evaluating their practical applicability.
- Author BiographyPaula Clarke is a Lecturer in Psychological Approaches to Childhood and Inclusive Education at the University of Leeds. Emma Truelove is training to be a Doctor of Educational and Child Psychology with the University of Sheffield. Charles Hulme is Professor of Psychology at University College London. Margaret J. Snowling is President of St. John s College, Oxford and Professor in the Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Charles Hulme,Emma Truelove,Margaret J. Snowling,Paula J. Clarke
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight404 g
- Width173 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.