All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching is a complex process which involves the development and utilization of subject kwledge and teaching skills. Containing reflective and practical skills, this book supports such development, focusing specifically on teaching skills, considering what they are, how they develop and how they differ between age and subject. The book contains three sections - Planning, Doing and Reviewing - which demonstrate effective classroom practice. It uses examples of practitioners at different stages of their professional development to link theory and practice, and includes discussions on contemporary issues in primary education, such as: Constructivist teaching and learning Thinking skills Creativity Teaching and learning styles Child-centred learningThe authors provide a critical analysis of the issues, practice and problems faced by primary school teachers, which is supported by reflective tasks throughout the book. Emphasizing the child as a partner in the learning process and highlighting the importance of teaching for child-centred learning, the book ultimately develops and strengthens the teacher's skills. Developing Teaching Skills in the Primary School provides essential guidance and support to trainee, beginner and developing primary school teachers.
- Author BiographyJane Johnston is Reader in Education and Programme Leader for the BA Early Childhood Studies course at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln. John Halocha is Reader in Geography Education and Head of Geography at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln. Mark Chater is a Curriculum Adviser with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority and Associate Research Fellow at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln.
- Author(s)Dr Mark Chater,Jane Johnston,John Halocha
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.