Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a helping hand to trainees wishing to make the transition to the next level in their counselling and psychotherapy training. With wide-ranging content closely aligned to actual practice, this intermediate level text covers the research-informed skills, interventions, processes and issues that students need to kw once they've covered the basics. It includes: - Specific techniques from different therapeutic orientations - How to tailor the skills or approach used to the specific client problem - Case conceptualisation and management - Therapeutic alliance; establishing and exploring the relationship - Ethics - Multidisciplinary working - How to deal with situations such as silence, crying, and aggression. Integrating cognitive, behavioural, person-centred/experiential and psychodynamic approaches, the author provides research-informed practical instructions on how to deliver therapy and includes extracts from counselling sessions to demonstrate the skills in action. This is essential reading for postgraduates on Counselling and Psychotherapy Diplomas and Masters courses, and will also be of benefit to Clinical and Counselling Psychology students.
- Author BiographyLadislav Timulak is course director of the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at Trinity College, Dublin. He previously worked at the University of Trnava, Slovakia, and has extensive research and practical experience in the field of counselling and psychotherapy, as well as experience in conducting psychotherapy and counselling psychology training.
- Author(s)Dr. Laco Timulak
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.