All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou've got a great idea for an Apple Watch app. But how do you get your app from idea to wrist? This book shows you how to make native watchOS apps for Apple's most personal device yet. You'll learn how to display beautiful interfaces to the user, how to use the watch's heart rate monitor and other hardware features, and the best way to keep everything in sync across your users' devices. New in this edition is coverage of native apps for watchOS 2. With the new version of the WatchKit SDK in Xcode 7, your apps run directly on the watch.On Apple Watch, your app is right on your users' wrists, making your code closer than ever before. Create native watchOS apps by extending your iPhone app with a WatchKit Extension, giving your users quick access to your app's most important features and an intimate user experience that's always within arm's reach. You won't just be creating apps - with Glances to provide timely information, tifications to inform your users of the latest updates, and watch face complications to show your users data as soon as they raise their wrists, your watchOS apps will be the best the App Store has to offer. Any book can teach you how to make a watch app.This book will help focus your efforts and refine your app's feature set. Which features make sense on the watch? How should you organize them? You'll learn what to consider when judging watch app features, allowing you to come up with the best strategy for your app. You'll test your apps on real Apple Watch hardware, and by the end of this book, you'll be ready to ship to the App Store.What You Need: You'll need a Mac running OS X Yosemite capable of running Xcode 7 or later. To build your apps for your Apple Watch, you'll need to be running watchOS 2 or later, connected to a compatible iPhone.
- Author BiographyJeff Kelley has been developing iOS apps since the SDK's release in 2008. He has developed apps for major clients, and his apps have been in the top 10 list of the App Store, featured in national television campaigns, and demonstrated by corporate executives. Jeff has spoken at conferences around the United States, and when not writing, develops apps for clients in Detroit, MI.
- Author(s)Jeff Kelley
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width192 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.