All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of criteria and indicators (C&I) for sustainable forest management (SFM) is suitable for defining, measuring and assessing sustainability in forestry. Within this study, the concept was developed further to a C&I system for application at the local level and tested as a case study at the Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve Ltd. in Canada. The research involved: development of a generic set of local level C&I, identification of verifiers and rms, field testing the C&I, development of indicator measurement databases, assessment of the state of the forest and its management, and the application of adaptive management procedures. Based on the generic C&I system for SFM and the comprehensive field test, the study provides a model for evaluating sustainability in the management of temperate forests around the world.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Thorsten Mrosek, born 1972 in Dinslaken (Germany); 1992-1998 undergraduate studies in forestry at the University of Gottingen; 1998-2001 MSc and Ph.D. studies in forestry at the University of Toronto as well as Researcher and Management Assistant at the Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve Ltd. (Canada); 2002 Ph.D. graduation; 2001-2003 Head of MSc forestry program, Coordinator of BSc forestry program, Lecturer and Researcher at the University of Applied Sciences of Eberswalde (Germany); since 2004 Researcher (Post-doctoral) and Lecturer at the University of Munster, researching sustainable forest management, forestry and wood-processing industry cluster analysis and management, forest policy, multiple forest use and forest conservation.
- Author(s)Thorsten Mrosek
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig., tables and graphs
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.