All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoaches often say that their coaching is developmental, but what they mean by this varies significantly. This groundbreaking book explores the most puzzling and debated aspects of human nature, such as 'self', 'free will' and 'psychological evolution' - and then introduces both a new theory of developmental coaching and a new framework for coaching practice. Tatiana Bachkirova addresses highly debated and complex ideas with ease and explains their relevance to everyday living and helping people to move forward in their lives. To make these ideas real for coaches the book is written in a clear and engaging way with examples, illustrations, exercises and case studies. Coaches who wish to enrich their practice will find plenty to learn, reflect on and apply immediately in their client engagements. Coaches who see their own self as a crucial element of a coaching encounter will have an opportunity to explore and enhance their own developmental process. Students of advanced coaching programmes will find this book both intellectually stimulating and a useful resource for practice.
- Author BiographyDr Tatiana Bachkirova is Programme Director for MA in Coaching and Mentoring Supervision at Oxford Brookes University, UK. She is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist, an experienced coaching supervisor and a co-editor of The Complete Handbook of Coaching.
- Author(s)Tatiana Bachkirova
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteill
- Weight323 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.