All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > As multilateral agencies, social movements, and state authorities worldwide struggle to cope with the effects of large-scale development projects, the problem of displacement remains unresolved. This volume seeks to address displacement as a broad and multilayered phemen. A series of illustrative case studies drawn from around the globe provide causal accounts of why and how displacement occurs, what its effects on communities, ecosystems, and ecomies look like, and the rmative or ethical positions held by key actors involved. Contributors offer ecomic, political, and cultural analyses, as well as extensive ethgraphic field research, to present a picture of displacement that illustrates the depth and the breadth of the issue.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Peter Vandergeest is an associate professor of sociology and director of the York Centre for Asian Research at York University. Pablo Idahosa is an associate professor in social sciences and coordinator of the African Studies Program at York University. Pablo S. Bose is a Henderson and SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Vermont and a research associate with the Centre for Refugee Studies at York University.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight531 g
- Width4039 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPablo Idahosa,Pablo S. Bose,Peter Vandergeest
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.