Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis major reference is a substantially revised edition of Palmore's International Handbook on Aging, which was voted Choice Outstanding Academic Book of 1980. The reference collects and summarizes information on programs and research in gerontology in most countries where significant work is taking place. The chapters are arranged alphabetically, with each chapter devoted to a particular country. The countries selected represent a wide range of social, political, geographic, and ecomic conditions, and ten new countries are included in this edition. Each chapter provides current information on the unique features of the country profiled; the roles and status of the aged; problems of the elderly; programs for older adults; research in biomedical, psychological, and sociological aspects of aging; and sources of additional information. Each chapter closes with a list of works for further consultation, and the handbook concludes with an appendix of gerontological associations and a bibliography. Gerontologists, social scientists, and policymakers will find this reference a valuable and current guide to developments and research on aging around the world.
- Author BiographyERDMAN B. PALMORE is Professor Emeritus of Medical Sociology at the Duke University Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development. His articles have appeared in journals such as The Gerontologist, Research on Aging, Journal of Gerontology and Journal of Applied Gerontology. He has authored or edited fifteen books, including the International Handbook on Aging (Greenwood Press, 1980), and the Handbook on the Aged in the United States (Greenwood Press, 1984). He is the Greenwood Press Series Editor for Bibliographies and Indexes in Gerontology and Contributions to the Study of Aging.
- Author(s)Erdman Ballagh Palmore
- Date of Publication20/04/1993
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.